Security guards enjoy an extremely stable career with reasonable hours and excellent pay. Individuals wishing to become a security guard in Ontario must first apply for a security guard license, and must successfully complete a Ministry certified basic training course.
NAHB is proud to be part of this initiative. We are not only an identified training program with the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services (MCSCS), but we are also a registered private career college with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development since 1979.
What does this mean for you? It means that upon graduation from our 40-hour Security Guard course, your information will be uploaded to the MCSCS website which will then allow you to complete the Security Guard license requirements. It also means that you will have the benefit of our over 30 years’ of experience in the field of education.
- Introduction to the Security Industry (2 hours)
- The Private Security and Investigative Services Act and Ministry Code of Conduct (2 hours)
- Basic Security Procedures (3 hours)
- Report Writing (2 hours)
- Health and Safety (1 hour)
- Emergency Response Preparation (4 hours)
- Canadian Legal System (3 hours)
- Legal Authorities (14 hours)
- Effective Communications (4 hours)
- Sensitivity Training (3 hours)
- Use of Force Training (2 hours)
*First Aid & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is required (we supply the training).
Total Hours: 40
We offer evening and weekend training (offered most weekends). Please call us for more details.
We strive to keep the cost of our training affordable, and our Security Guard training course costs only $370, including books and supplies. CPR is extra, if required, at $80. We accept most forms of payment.