The Pharmacy Technician diploma program at the National Academy of Health and Business was created to expertly prepare graduates for employment in a variety of pharmacy settings – from community to industrial.
With expert instructors and courses designed to follow guidelines concerning skills and competencies set forth by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA), graduates of the Pharmacy Technician diploma program will gain the competency and qualifications necessary to provide superior assistance as a pharmacy technician.
With a combination of cutting-edge theoretical knowledge and practical, hands-on skills training, graduates will have the necessary competency and confidence to step into the workplace immediately upon graduation.
In this program, students will learn to:
- Practice within the legal, ethical, and professional requirements
- Collaborate with pharmacists and other healthcare providers
- Process prescriptions accurately and safely
- Prepare pharmaceutical products accurately and safely
- Release pharmaceutical products accurately and safely
- Promote optimal patient care and well-being through effective communication and collaboration
- Manage drug distribution and inventory systems
The Pharmacy Technician diploma program at NAHB is 40 weeks long and includes an 8-week job placement, with 4 weeks in a hospital setting and 4 weeks in a community setting. Not only will you be job ready in less than a year, but you’ll get excellent hands-on training before you graduate!
The Pharmacy Technician program is eligible for up to five different funding options, including OSAP (to those who qualify), EI, Second Career, Payment Plans and even loans facilitated by us.
Request additional information today to learn how you could be working in a stable and rewarding career as a pharmacy technician in under a year!