The Intra Oral Dental Assisting diploma program at the National Academy of Health and Business prepares students for careers in dental offices, dental clinics, health units, hospitals and educational institutions.
Students in the Intra Oral Dental Assisting diploma program will be expertly prepared with a combination of theoretical classroom learning and practical hands-on training, ensuring that they are both well versed in all aspects of dentistry and equipped with the confidence needed to provide top quality dental care upon graduation.
The Intra Oral Dental Assisting Diploma Course Concentration:
The comprehensive Intra Oral Dental Assisting Diploma program covers a wide range of dental care topics, and students can expect to be introduced to a variety of skills such as:
- Dental Assisting Fundamentals
- Oral Facial Sciences (including body systems)
- Microbiology, Disease Transmission and Infection Control
- Diagnostic Records and Data Gathering
- Preventative Dentistry and Nutrition
- Pharmacology and Anesthesia
- Clinical Dentistry
- Dental Radiography
- Dental Specialties (oral surgery, pediatric dentistry, endodontics, periodontics,
- Dental Practice Management
- Intra Oral Skills (mandatory Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities skills)
Graduates of the Intra Oral Dental Assisting diploma program must write and successfully pass the National Dental Assisting Examining Board (NDAEB) Level 2 certification examination in order to use their Level 2 skills in a dental office in the province of Ontario. Upon passing the NDAEB Level 2 examination graduates may apply to the Ontario Dental Nurses and Assistants’ Association (ODN&AA) for Canadian Dental Association (CDA) Level 2 certification, which allows them to work anywhere in the country.
The Intra Oral Dental Assistant diploma program is 39 weeks long and includes a two week job placement.
NAHB Funding Options
Students in the Intra Oral Dental Assisting diploma program are eligible for up to five different funding options, including the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), Employment Insurance, Second Career Payment Plans and even loans facilitated by us.