Security guards enjoy an extremely stable career with reasonable hours and excellent pay. Individuals wishing to become a security guard in Ontario must first apply for a security guard license, and must successfully complete a Ministry certified basic training course.
The National Academy of Health and Business is proud to offer exceptional, Ministry certified security guard training. We are not only an identified training program with the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, but we are also a registered career college with the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities. We have been registered since 1979.
Our Security Guard course is an intensive 40 hour program that serves to expertly prepare you for a career in private security. Upon completion of the course, your information will be uploaded to the Ministry website, allowing you to complete the license requirements at any time, easily. Embarking on our Security Guard training course means you’ll be privy to the over 30 years of experience that our qualified instructors possess.
- Introduction to the Security Industry (2 hours)
- The Private Security and Investigative Services Act and Ministry Code of Conduct (2 hours)
- Basic Security Procedures (3 hours)
- Report Writing (2 hours)
- Health and Safety (1 hour)
- Emergency Response Preparation (4 hours)
- Canadian Legal System (3 hours)
- Legal Authorities (14 hours)
- Effective Communications (4 hours)
- Sensitivity Training (3 hours)
- Use of Force Training (2 hours)
*First Aid & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is required (we supply the training).
Total Hours: 40
We offer an extremely flexible course schedule, with classes taking place on evenings and weekends if need be. Please call us for more details.
We strive to keep the cost of our training affordable, and our Security Guard training course costs only $370, including books and supplies. CPR is extra, if required, at $80. We accept most forms of payment.